Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Postcard swap

In my last post, I mentioned that I made a box with layers of various materials. I made a similar background for eight postcards that were sent out in a postcard swap with some of the other students in the class. After creating the background, I cut it up so that there would be interesting bits on each postcard.

The postcards did not look finished to me at this point, rather they looked like exactly what they were, chopped up bits of background.

I let each piece speak to me and added hand stitching where the background told me to. That was fun and mostly successful.


I really enjoyed creating these and have enjoyed receiving the postcard from the other swappers, I am still anxiously awaiting the rest of the postcards. I love the feeling of anticipation that comes from knowing great mail is coming into my mailbox any day. Of course, that thrill does occasionally get me into trouble when I longing browse some of the wonderful products that are available in on-line stores. I just have to remember how difficult it is to clean out my studio and make room for the things I already have -- I keep hoping that thought will make it easier to say no, but it is not easier yet -- I will let you all know the minute it gets easier.

1 comment:

Cheryl Gebhart said...

I received one of your postcards, and I would have to say that you were certainly successful with mine. Love seeing the others. Class was great, wasn't it?