Wednesday, July 16, 2008




I painted some beautiful papers last week and some not so beautiful papers (grin). I used watercolours and I used acrylics as well, both artist grade and those lovely, cheap bottles of craft grade that I still have hanging about and am trying to use up. I feel very virtuous.

The first photo shows the whole stack of papers. Though there are a few rosy pink pages, there are not as many as appear in the photo. As always, the notorious camera is showing colours that are not really there. Many of the rosy coloured papers are actually golden and quite lovely.

The next two photos show the same papers up a little closer.
s

The last two photos are of some of my favorite papers that I have painted. Yum! Again, there is virually no pink in these at all -- trust me.

Many of these papers are really thick and rich and wonderful. I almost want to frame them as abstract pieces of art on their own. But, I won't. They will mostly be used for various backgrounds for my sketchbooks.

No comments: