Thursday, July 24, 2008

Going Around in Circles

Just let me say, I am glad I did not get arrested this week. I have been going around in circles or at least in search of circles (one of the assignments in my Studio Journals class with Sharon Boggan). So here I was walking around photographing circles. They are everywhere and it was fun. One of the multiple examples that Sharon had in the class notes was hub caps -- well you know, there are an endless variety of hubcaps out there and I got a little carried away.


Shocking, I know. With every cool hubcap I saw (and had to photograph) I felt like a thief staking out these cars. I was sure that at any moment someone would call a cop and I would have to explain. Of course I did have a camera full of circle photos and only circle photos to back up my story (plus my course notes, but they were at home). But even had the police been convinced by my camera full of circles, there was no way to guarantee that they were not going to haul me off to the loony bin. So, over all I had a blast taking all these circle photos, but am hugely relieved that I still have my freedom!



I had great plans of taking photos different shapes each day, but life got in the way. Also, quite frankly, I am now a wee bit obsessed with circles. I may just have to go with that for a while. I want to take the hub caps further (no pun intended) and play with the other circle photos too.

No comments: