Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I have been busy with classes and with cleaning up my studio. Everything is progressing slowly, some things are even progressing surely!
The items in this post were created in Sue Bleiweiss's class "Mixed Media for the Fibre Artist". I really enjoyed working many of the techniques and making them my own. The orange vase shown is gossamer thin silk -- a little too thin, on a really hot and humid weekend it totally collapsed! Oops. I inserted a glass cylinder vase and all has been well since. The dark green vase is a little thicker (a full layer of silk cap) and sturdier, but I miss the beautiful translucency of the orange one.






























The box shown below was fun to make and will be useful to hold small sewing notions.














It has three drawers and a top storage area as well. The cover fabric is a rich combination of painted cheesecloth (I love painted cheesecloth and hoard the bits I have made over the years -- thins time I actually used some!), bits of silk roving, bits of yarns and Angelina fibres. Yum!

There were other projects in the class, but those are still works in progress.

2 comments:

morningDove said...

your box is very beautiful. this was a wonderful class and so much fun, lots of new techniques for me.

Unknown said...

Is this a pattern that can be bought? I love this little box.