Friday, May 2, 2008

Week 5 journal

This is journal 5. I pretty much made this one as instructed. I love this journal because it has interchangeable signatures, which is one of the things I really seek in journals and sketchbooks because I tend to not work linearly. I am always jumping from one thing to another and like flexibility in my sketchbooks.

I also really love this book because I am able to use lovely, premium 8 1/2 by 11 inch papers and fold them along the grain. I used three different colours of thread to hold the three signatures in. Then I added beads to weigh down the ends of the threads.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those beads are a wonderful touch to the journal and look great with that fabric. Nicely done!

Unknown said...

Welcome to blogland Magda, I love all the journals you made.

PaulineC said...

What a great blog you have made. I shall bookmark it.

Michele/TextileTraveler said...

Wonderful fabric & beautiful beads! And welcome to the "bloggerhood" :-)

Ruth said...

Your blog looks great and all your journals are wonderful! I look forward to seeing more of your work.