Friday, May 2, 2008

Week 4 Journal 1

This leather look journal is based on Lesson 4 of Sue Bleiweiss's Journal Making for the Fiber Artist class. I added gold flecks of colour to the red leathery journal. I had made this leathery paper before and I had forgotten how much fun it is.
I stitched the signatures through the cover using a long and link stitching. Each of the long stitches went through the long red bead on the spine. I think the gold colour thread complements the specks of gold that you can see on the back of the journal. A gold colour elastic holds the jounal flap in place.

1 comment:

Liz in Kansas said...

Magda, I really love this journal. The red and gold is gorgeous! I am especially intrigued with the bead through the spine stitching. A great embellishment!

Welcome to the world of blogging. I think you have made a great start and will check back often. Love your work!